Well, I cannot believe that I am sitting here writing this, but the boys will be ONE YEAR OLD tomorrow (May 19). Honestly, when we were in the thick of it (the first 3 months), I never thought we'd make it to ONE year. The first months were the most challenging, trying months of my life. It was hard. I am not going to sugarcoat it. There were times I wanted to quit it all. Twins are hard. Twice the work, but twice the love, as I've said before. Approaching ONE year, I have come out a stronger woman! I love being a mama and wife and after we passed the worst of it (the first 3-4 months), each month has gotten better and better. Our little guys are the biggest blessings we could have ever asked for. We are lucky.
I will have another post on the boys' first birthday coming later this month. For now, enjoy our eleventh month review:
- The boys celebrated their first Easter. We went out to Fort Steele, had family in town, and hosted a BBQ
- Lots of walks with friends! As the weather started to warm up, we've been getting out early in the morning before first nap and it feels amazing. The boys love it and so do I!
- The boys first time on the swings at the park: they absolutely love to swing, and laugh and smile the whole time!
- We enjoyed our friends' new space, The Raw House Juicery!
- The boys were in their first (will there be more?) Fashion Show for Bumble Tree! They wore adorable outfits and rode their scooter/bikes across the stage!
- Auntie Michelle, Uncle Mike, Cousins Braiden and Cora come to visit! The boys enjoyed all the cuddles and playtime with their cousins, aunt, and uncle!
- We went to the Children's Festival: the boys got their faces painted, listened to music, and saw some of their friends!
- The boys helped mama celebrate her first Mother's Day with flowers, a cute card, brunch, and a walk! We spent time the the boys' Grandma Haine, Po Po, Pa, Uncle Gord, and our nieces Liss and Boo.
- The boys started to show signs of the 12 Month Sleep Regression. More on that another time.
- This month had lots of laughs and milestones and I have to say, this has been the best month yet (I say that every month).
Month 11 for Duke:
Duke, this month you have been on the move! As soon as you saw your brother starting to bum scoot, you followed right after him... a little slower, but keeping up pretty well! This month you sure are a silly boy. Easy to please, easy to entertain, easy to make laugh... that's all you! You love to growl and we've been teaching you all about animals that growl and roar. You eat most foods: you have really expanded your palette this month trying: watermelon, raspberries, pineapple, chilli, pasta, muffins... You continue to LOVE sweet potatoes, oatmeal, bread, and water. You babble lots, and this month you said "ya ya ya", especially when chatting to your brother. You are starting to wave a little bit, and figure out the motion! You have your third tooth coming in, on the top row, and it's a big one! We jokingly call you "Snaggle Tooth". You are still drooling lots, so maybe more teeth? You are still not crawling, and spend a little bit of time on your tummy. You want to pull yourself up, but haven't been 100% successful yet. I know you are close! You are still such a sweet boy, who loves to cuddle, especially after nap time. Lately, you have practicing waving. It is so adorable. I love you so much!! I can't believe you're almost 1.
Month 11 for Jude:
Jude, you are such a quick little explorer! You bum scoot everywhere around the house and love to follow mama around wherever she is (no more time alone in the bathroom!). You love to go into the bathroom, mama and daddy's bedroom, and you love playing by the oven in the kitchen. You are quite content to just explore around and aren't needing mama's attention quite as much. You are still a picky eater, but trying new foods everyday! Lately you love watermelon sticks, chilli, noodles, toast with butter (vegan), yams, oatmeal, eggs, cooked peppers, bananas, muffins... You usually stick WAY too much food in your mouth at once. You shake your head "no" when you don't want something. You are very good at communicating that. You love walks in the stroller, chatting away and looking around, but sometimes you get tired of sitting still and squawk a bit. You have a little side smile/smirk lately. You are a silly boy, but sometimes a little slower to impress and make giggle. You think bedtime is super silly and laugh in your crib. Lately it sounds like you are saying, "hi dad". I can't wait to start conversing with you more. You copycat mama when she breathes in deeply. You are so funny! You have two top teeth and two bottom teeth! You make me laugh when you breath in deeply and laugh with a "nervous" chuckle. You drool a lot still, so I wonder if you will have more teeth. You are wonderful and we love you!
Thanks for stopping by! Next week I will be recapping the boys' cupcake smash and telling you about the last chapter in my breastfeeding journey. I hope you'll join me.
MRS. + MAMA