I can't believe that the boys are ELEVEN months TODAY. My mind is blown. One more month and they will be a year. I can't even talk about it. Lately, I have been getting so nostalgic about my last months being pregnant ... the warmer weather, green grass, and yoga are bringing up so many memories for me from this time last year. I remember feeling so uncomfortable in my own skin ... I was swollen and hot and massive! Tim and I would go for little walks around the block, but I couldn't do much for exercise. The boys were moving a ton and I was having lots of Braxton Hicks. We made our last trip to Calgary in April for our final detailed scan to monitor their growth. There was talk that if Duke weighed a half pound or more than Jude then we would deliver the boys early at 35 weeks via c-section. I spent my early maternity leave napping and nesting and cooking my babies!
Our TENTH month in review:
- The boys were sick with a stomach bug that lasted for forever. Duke was sick for about a week, and then a few days later, Jude got it for about 5/6 days. Lots of vomit, lots of diarrhea, not a lot of eating, lots of cuddles and quiet time!
- Lots of visits to the doctor's office
- The boys had their first official babysitter! I hired some help for over Spring Break when we were parent-less. It was so great! The boys loved having someone else to play with and someone who gave them undivided attention!
- The boys are really starting to move! Bum scoot, tummy pivot, pulling themselves up to their knees, standing with support
- Baby Gate is up and cribs are down! Baby proofing is slowly happening around here before the crawling begins
- The boys are chatting tons! "mama", "dada", "papa", "bwa-bwa" (brother??!)
- The babes had their first haircut from Grandma Haine ... I kept some of their hair for their baby books!
- We are down to breastfeeding once a day ONLY ... just once in the morning before breakfast
- The boys' first Easter! We enjoyed lots of family time and went out to Fort Steele. I can't wait until the boys are older and can do all the activities they had planned for Easter!
- We are walking and using the chariot way more now that the snow is gone! The boys went to the park and played on the swings for the first time! They had a blast!
Month Ten for Duke:
As we made our way into Month 10, Duke was recovering from his stomach bug. It lasted quite awhile before he was 100% himself again. This kid eats a ton! He will mostly eat anything! This month he has been feeding himself: crackers, toast (with PB), peas, carrots, yams (yepp we're back on all foods again), banana, blueberries, spaghetti squash, and he even tried some turkey (the boys are not totally plant-based) on Easter weekend! The foods that Duke isn't so sure about is cauliflower and turnip. He will usually eat whatever if it's mixed together and fed to him by spoon, but is still experimenting with taste and textures! Duke is still very patient and quiet in the mornings. He sits and "reads" in his crib while I feed Jude. He laughs and chats. He gets a little more feisty as the day goes on. He will sometimes play by himself, but as soon as he realizes he is "by himself", he gets fussing. He isn't moving around much yet. He bum scoots a bit and rides on his bike, but still seems unsure of it all. He loves to try to pull himself up, but hasn't quite mastered that yet. We love you so much, little boy!
Month 10 for Jude:
Jude got the stomach bug right after his 10 month birthday. It lasted for about a week for him. He was very sick and not eating much. When he did start to eat again, he was very picky and mostly ate pureed peas! Now that he's eating again, he eats a ton! But, he's more picky than his brother. When he doesn't like a food, he throws it on the floor (UGH)! Foods he feeds himself are: crackers, toast with PB (his fav... and he shoves it all in his mouth!!), yams (sometimes), peas (sometimes), blueberries, and banana. He still loves to be fed from the spoon! Today, Jude decided he wanted to try some succulents. So he bum scooted to my pot (on the floor), and started pulling pieces of succulent off to eat. I didn't know what was going on until he started to fuss. I pulled out some big chunks from his mouth! Time to move the plants. Jude loves to drink water from his sippy cup! Jude is really chilling out these days. He still has his fussy moments, but overall he seems more content lately. Jude moves all over the place on his butt. He is quite the scooter! He loves to ride his bike up and down the hallway until he tuckers himself out! You are so loved, sweet boy!
We are looking forward to another busy month, for the boys' last month before their first birthday. I truly cannot believe it.
Thanks for stopping by,
MRS. + MAMA