Today we celebrated the boys' 10 month birthday! Tim and I were just talking about time and how we cannot believe that they will be 1 year old in two short months. These last 7 months have flown by faster than the first 3 months combined. Each month with Duke and Jude gets better and better. It feels like they've been in our lives for forever, and I love them more each day! I thought I'd do a little Month Nine review on what our highlights were and a little about each boy!
Month Nine Highlights:
- The boys and I attended Indie and Tasha's baby shower. They were the only boys! Duke happily sat with a few different ladies and didn't look for mama once. Jude was a mama's boy and he sat with Julie and I and ate a lot of crackers (snacks keep Jude happy!)
- We visited with the boys' second cousin, Hannah! I love seeing the three of them together and can't wait to see their relationship develop over the years. The three of them are very close in age. :)
- We visited Nanny Jim in her new condo!
- The boys started to ride around in their red wagon from Great Uncle Don. They absolutely love it. We've taken the wagon to the mall and Farmer's Market, and the boys just love being able to sit and see everything!
- The boys got a new play mat from Po Po and Pa and are practicing moving around on their tummies (will they crawl soon?!)
- Mama and Daddy went on their first overnight trip without the boys! They went to Radium Hot Springs and Invermere. Po Po and Pa looked after the boys.
- Lots of Skype dates with Grandma and Grandpa Haine in Arizona!
- The boys are now strong enough to sit in the shopping cart at the Superstore! They love our adventures to get groceries!
- The boys had their 9 month check-up and passed with flying colours!
- The boys visited with their friend Londyn. So great to see the three of them together! I hope they grow to be good friends!
- Jude and Duke are practicing eating on their own. Some things are better than others! Toast pieces, crackers, and blueberries seem to be easiest (and favourites) so far! Otherwise, mommy and daddy still spoon feed the boys a lot.
- We are back to riding in the chariot stroller! The snow is melting, finally!!
- The boys go to the Heidout for the first time. We celebrated Trey's Bon Voyage to NYC with fRamily!
- We celebrated our niece's 7th birthday!
- Mama had her very first SOLO day with the boys! We all survived! :)
- Duke gets second stomach bug of 2017: no appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, extra cuddly
- We take the boys to the public pool for the first time
- We went to the Winter's farmer's Market and visit with Julie and Tristan
Month Nine for Duke:
Duke is the chillest little dude. He is completely content to sit and play and very rarely fusses. He is patient and often is chosen second to eat because his brother is less patient. When Duke is upset, he has developed a little whimper where his top lip sticks out and he makes this sound "ooooohhh" in a low voice. It is actually adorable. When Duke isn't hungry or doesn't like a food, he will slap the spoon out of our hands. Duke is quiet, but chatty. This month, he has started to play copycat with his daddy. It is too cute! Duke likes being on his tummy and is practicing manoeuvring himself around. This sweetie pie got his second stomach bug this month and has been a trooper. When he vomits, he is usually okay, but if mama gets upset, then he cries. We took the boys swimming at the pool for the first time, and Duke didn't enjoy it. I think he wasn't feeling well and the noise at the pool was overwhelming, and the water cold! Update: We have narrowed Duke's vomiting and diarrhea down to an intolerance to bananas (and maybe avocados). We are back to eating mostly pureed foods because Duke does not like chunky textures. Duke is a thumb sucker, but only when he goes to bed. When you lay him in his crib he grabs his bunny and sucks his thumb and he's asleep!
We love you, little boy! Wishing you get well soon so we can go and play! You make me so happy!
Month Nine for Jude:
Jude is a playful little dude and goes from quiet to NOISY very quickly. I love his happy little noises "EeeeeEEE!". Jude loved swimming at the pool with daddy. He was so content and calm. I loved watching him and his dada together, enjoying the water. Jude loves to bob his head around. He is a little wiggler, but maybe he is feeling the rhythm of the music! He also loves to sing along to music! Beaner loves to eat and is gaining weight on his brother. He eats anything and everything. He loves the little star crackers and toast pieces and will gobble them all up so fast! Jude is on the move! He loves to push himself around on the floor with his hands or ride on his bike. Jude has been extra patient while Duke has been sick, but it is wearing on him that he isn't getting as much attention as he usually does. Jude is usually content if mama or dada is in eyesight. He loves to play with his basket of toys and when he is done with something, just tosses it over his shoulder! He hates having his face washed and teeth brushed. He will take the cloth and throw it on the floor! Jude loves his bath, but still hates getting out (it's cold, I get it!!). He still sucks on his pinky and ring finger when he is going to bed.
We love you, sweetpea! You are a bright light in our lives!
Month Nine has been so much fun (except for the banana situation). I can't wait for all the snow to be gone so we can spend more time outside. We love the sunshine and taking walks in the chariot!
Thank you for reading,
MRS. + MAMA